Blogmas Day 11;
Christmas is a very difficult time for the indecisive. Especially in the way of Christmas treats- there are just too many.
So being the selfless creatures we are, my boyfriend and I tried a few festive treats from the shelves of our local super market so you didn’t have to!
Disclaimer- Our local super market is Dunnes Stores so it features a bit.
Disclaimer 2- Although these products are rated on a Kanye West Approval Scale out of 5, Kanye West has not officially endorsed them 😛
Mr Kipling Elf Slices-
- These look super festive.
- They have a sour apple sweets smell off them which I really liked.
- It’s Mr. Kipling and that man knows how to do cute, delicious cakes.
- They don’t taste much like apple- the scent is a trick.
Dunnes Stores All Butter Iced Mince Pies
- It’s a mince pie with icing.
- The mince meat was yummy.
- The top did not come off the mince pie when I tried to take it out of the case. Sounds stupid but it happens more than you think.
- Pastry wasn’t that good. Compared it to Mr Kipling Mince Pies that I had last week. Sorry they didn’t make the cut.
- The image on the package looked more appealing- lots of squished icing on the real pies.
Dunnes Stores’ Iced Fruit Slices
- I personally believe in sampling all the components of a cake/pie separately to see what it tastes like on its own. My boyfriend thinks this is sacrilege and that food comes whole for a reason. The cake part of the Iced Slice was super good on its own!
- It wasn’t a super strong cake but it had a nice whiskey taste off of it.
- Marzipan sucks. I speak for myself only.
- There was a crunchy, sweet texture off the cake which was a bit like eating sugar from a packet.
Christmas cake will always be the undisputed King of Christmas treats. Originally this was supposed to be a mince pie taste around but I got distracted by all the other food (I may have half a packet of jam doughnuts in the kitchen…) but I think it worked out well for all in the end!